eBay was MY idea first!!! ;-)

eBay celebrates its 10 Anniversay this Labor Day Weekend.

I've been using eBay since its inception. Over the years, I've bought (and sold) a lot of neat things. But, ask Maria, over 10 years ago, I told her we should develop a website where people could buy Alexandra's closet full of clothes. I said it would foster a couple aspects: 1) People love to buy online (at least I was buying a lot online at the time), 2) Parents like cute outfits for kids, and 3) People love to "gamble." I had a concept called "Alexandra's Closet" where people could see pictures of an outfit and if they liked it, they could send me an e-mail and make an "offer." I would post the offer manually on the website and wait a certain amount of time for others to "counter-offer." Highest offer would win (the gambling aspect). So, sound familiar? I'm not bitter (much...hehehe), just illustrates that I have a lot of good ideas! ;-)

READ Meg Whitman's announcement of eBay's 10th Anniversay.

0 comments: