A Disappointing Day...

Guess I'm feeling a little introspective today. Don't really want to say why, but it was a very disappointing day on a personal level. Just wanted to blog for a bit for distraction and relaxation more than anything. I came home early today and Maria and I went out to Chevy's with Nicky and Brandon. We used our Christmas gift card (thanks again, Stephanie) and enjoyed a nice Friday afternoon lunch, just the four of us. I played one of those games on the back of the paper table cloth with Brandon. He's really funny how he tries to just play "for the fun of it," but then turns quite strategic and competitive in order to win. He covered 15 squares to my 12, so it was really a wipeout (grin). Nicky's been under the weather, but he enjoyed the grilled chicken. As for Maria and me, we BOTH went for the Mandarin Blush flavored vodka drinks (hehehe...hey, I wasn't working ;-)!!!! We toasted with Brandon (and his water) and Nicky (with his chocolate shake) to "just being happy." Really in the end, that's all we can do sometimes. Take the many blessings you receive in life, pick yourself up, and start another day with a smile...disappointments fade in time.

0 comments: