We FINALLY got it -- the Wii is OURS!


Okay, I finally did it...I got my hands on that elusive Wii. But, OH, was it ever so challenging!


This morning, I woke up rather early, went to get coffee at Starbucks, picked up a Sunday newspaper, and drove back home to drop everything off with Maria. I decided I wanted to go to the flea market since there were no dark rainy clouds threatening to wash it out. Boy, was I wrong...I guess everyone endured the rainstorm last night and planned on not selling at the flea market today. I was the ONLY one there, no cars in the lot, no vendors, no nothing!


I decided to round up the family and go get dim sum...as I was changing and shaving my head, I happened to glance at the Sunday paper I bought earlier. On page 2 of Target advertisement, my eyes fell upon a simple ad that said, "Nintendo Wii on Sale Sunday; limit one per customer."


Oh hell! I've been up all this time and didn't know they were going on sale this morning...now it was 11:30 AM and the store's been open for sometime now. I rallied the boys into the car and literally FLEW to our local target (a good 15 minutes away). Ran into the store, hurried to electronics, browsed the glass case, and saw a big, empty shelf! Yikes!! I asked the salesman if he ran out of Wii's and he said, "Yeah, about an hour ago." Oh dammit!


But, being the nice guy that he was, he mentioned that the Lodi target still had seven units in stock. What? Really? Lodi? Where's that? He retrieved the address and phone number of the store for me and I called them to get directions. It was a good 30 miles or so away.


I called Maria on the cellphone and asked if she wouldn't mind if we went to Lodi...she signed, "Okay." The whole family got in the car and drove FAST to the Lodi store. Cameron and I ran in--I couldn't help but notice that a young guy standing near the door had already purchased two Wii's (I subtracted two in my head from the seven in stock). I hurried through the aisles and saw another guy with a Wii in hand (okay, minus one more from the stock). Got to Electronics...to my joy and happiness, I saw about six units on the shelf. Obviously, the original count was a little off.


Me to the salesman, "I'll take it!!!"


We celebrated my conquest by lunching at the local Lodi Chili's (lol).


And what did YOU do today? ;-)

0 comments: