And he's off and swimming...

My brother-in-law, Alex, is competing in the IronMan Canada again this year...NOW, in fact. He started swimming at 0700 this morning with my wife (his sister) Maria and his mom cheering him on. He finished swimming 2.4 miles in 1:57:56. Yay, Alex! You go!

I was watching the postings this morning and didn't see any numbers at the time--this often means the swimmer didn't finish in time.

But, just as I was about to call Maria and say Alex did a good job anyway, BAM, his time posted. I called about 5 minutes after Alex got out of the water and ran to continue on bike...112 miles to be exact. According to the screenshot, Alex completed the first 40 miles so far in 2:34:48. WOW, he's good!

Once Alex gets past the swimming portion, he's pretty much homefree because he's an awesome biker and runner (his real strengths)!! The kids and I are cheering him on from home. GO ALEX!

0 comments: