Yeah, Yeah! Met Usher at Everett & Jones BBQ

Well, now THIS was a nice way to end the weekend. The kids wanted to eat BBQ at Everett & Jones in Jack London Square, Oakland.

While we were eating, in walks Usher, obviously in town for Tuesday's All-Star Baseball Game at AT&T Park in San Francisco. Alexandra and Stacy couldn't stop staring at him even though I ordered over $100 worth of BBQ (we have a BIG family...hehehe). They waited patiently for him to finish his meal before they ran over to his table with my iPhone to take a picture. Some lady offered to take the picture and it was a good one with Alexandra, Stacy, Junior, and Cameron in the picture. Unfortunately the 'ol bitty pressed the wrong button, DAMMIT!

Well, Usher and date started to head out the back door and into their car parked on Broadway & 2nd. My heart kinda sunk because this really was a once-in-a-lifetime for the girls. So, I chased after him onto the street and asked him to PLEASE take another pic with the kids. He was nice about it, though he warned me NOT to sneak a picture otherwise he wouldn't let me. Of course, I promised not to shoot until he was ready (LOL). He told Alexandra, Stacy, and Junior to run over to join him and he said, "Ready, set, go!"

SNAP!

I took the picture, thanked him, and there you have it. Slightly blurry, but hell, Usher wasn't about to wait much longer. Hehehe. In any case, he made their day! Thanks, Usher!

0 comments: